How Do i get aN ODISSEIA Puppy?
I do not usually accept deposits until I have a litter confirmed. If you are interested in a puppy from us, please fill out the Puppy Interest form, that way you will receive email notifications on future availability, without a commitment. Breeding is my hobby, and with a regular work schedule I am able to take the time for about 1, sometimes 2 litters per year. Because of this, I don't keep a waitlist, as most people are not willing to wait very long for a puppy. Once I have a litter confirmed, I send out an email to everyone on the Puppy Interest List and begin the application process. After the application process, I will accept a limited amount of deposits.
How Long is the WaitlisT?
Though I receive about 2-3 puppy inquiries per day, I do not keep a waitlist. Once I have a litter confirmed, I send out an email to everyone on the Puppy Interest List and begin the application process then. After the application process, I will accept a deposit of $500.
How Much does a puppy Cost
The bottom line on an Odisseia puppy is $3500. Puppies cost $2000, the ear crop, after care, and training is $1500 and is not optional.
Whats included in the price of my Puppy?
- All puppies are litter box trained, crate trained, and started on basic obedience.
- All puppies receive age appropriate de-wormings and vaccinations.
- All puppies are microchipped.
- All puppies are exposed to a multitude of stimulus: new places, sights, sounds, etc.
- All puppies come with their tails docked, dew claws removed, ears cropped and healed. If taping is necessary I provide this at no additional charge.
- All puppies are registered with the American Kennel Club (AKC), the registration is NOT included with the puppy, though a copy and personalized pedigree is.
- All puppies come with a personalized pedigree, an Odisseia Puppy Guide, vaccination and microchip records, and a contract.
Can i get my puppy with Floppy Ears?
No. All puppies go home with their ears cropped. The traditional look of the dog is a point of pride and an important part of the breed. Floppy ears are not natural, they were created by selective breeding. There are no "floppy" ears in nature, cropping restores an erect ear. Upright ears are less prone to infection and damage.
How is my puppy chosen?
- Puppies are placed in the following order:
- My opinion on suitability. As a trainer and breeder I am in a unique position to observe the puppies for their 1st 8-10 weeks of life. Because of this, my preference is the final say on placement. If the puppy that is chosen for you is not acceptable to you, your deposit can be refunded upon the sale of the dog, or rolled over to the next litter.
- Your preference. Everyone has a color preference, and thats ok as long as you understand that color will not be the ultimate decider of which puppy you get. I take time and great care in evaluating what would be a good fit for you, and will take your preferences under heavy consideration.
- The order in which the application was received.
- The order in which the deposit was received.